A popular Barcelona restaurant and bar, Lolita Tapería is known for their classic yet inventive menu as well as quite an interesting history. Back in 2005, celebrity chef Albert Adría was partnered with Joan Martinez at a place called Inopia Classic Bar. Inopia was a modern tapas bar with an emphasis on top-notch fresh ingredients and made-to-order food; as a result, it became one of Barcelona’s top spots for casual dining. Four years later, Adría left Inopia to open Tickets, and Martinez reinvented Inopia to transform it into what it is today: Lolita Tapería. Lolita boasts a dynamic space with flashy decor, drool-worthy food, a cocktail bar and, depending on the hour, live music and DJs. Many things have changed since the days of Inopia, but Mr. Martinez’ reputation for serving up fantastic interpretations of traditional tapas is one that that we’re happy has remained the same.
Why We Want to Go to Lolita Tapería
- For the convivial personality and vibrant Spanish spirt that seems to fill the place.
- We’re suckers for food that respects tradition but is mixed up just enough to keep things interesting.
- If Adría trusts that Martinez knows what he’s doing, why shouldn’t we?
* photos via Lolita Taperia
What We Want to Eat There
- La Gilda Verd Picant: 3 Basque piparra peppers with marinated olive and anchovy fillet
- Patatas bravas: thinly cut fried potatoes topped in a generous drizzle of spicy brava sauce and a dollop of alioli
- Amanida Russa: The house-made ensalada rusa with breadsticks
- Les Favetes: truffled fava beans with avocado and quail egg
- Don Pepito: a mini pepito de ternera sandwich, done Lolita’s way.
- La Gambeta fregida: crunchy fried prawn’s, a classic tapa that remains on the menu from Inopia days
- El Formatge a la Graella amb mèl de tòfona: a grilled hunk of tender cheese showered in truffle-honey
- El Borratxo del Lolita: A syrup and booze drenched cake typical of Catalan cuisine
- And given the reasonable prices, anything else that sounds drool-worthy in the moment, assuming we’d have room to keep eating.
Carrer de Tamarit, 104, local 2-4,
(+34) 934 245 231